- 1,752,456 hits
Search Blog Entries
- GUYANA and CARIBBEAN RECIPES
- Botlahle: Age 11 - Winner Of South Africa's Talent 2012 - 3 videos
- Mighty Sparrow - Caribbean Style Christmas Medley
- Botlahle: SA Got Talent 2012- The Madiba (Nelson Mandela) Poem - video
- His Day is Done - Poem for Nelson Mandela by Dr. Maya Angelou
- Best cities for young people - a Canadian city tops the list
- Christmas Soca Party Medley - Byron Lee & The Dragonaires
- Two Amazing Trinidadian Magicians - video
- Obama's Complete Nelson Mandela Memorial Speech
- Reggae Christmas CD
- Addicted to Life – by Ian McDonald
- “SEE MORE POETRY”: readings of poems by Arthur James Seymour – Georgetown Jan 12, 2014
- The Caribbean: Standing by Mandela – by Sir Ron Sanders
- Obama’s Complete Nelson Mandela Memorial Speech
- Best cities for young people – a Canadian city tops the list
- His Day is Done – Poem for Nelson Mandela by Dr. Maya Angelou
- The Pilgrims: America's First Mooches
- NY Tutorial Support Group – 12th Night Dinner Dance – Jan 10, 2014
- Christmas Is Coming by Dmitri Allicock
- Protest will continue until government listens – say public servants
- Judge’s ruling could force police to review ‘stop and search’ practice
- Madiba South Africa Land – by Roop Misir
- Capitol News – TV News Videos – 09 Dec 2013
- XGDF Association NY – Xmas Party & New Year’s Eve Ball -2013
- Some inspirational quotations from Nelson Mandela
- Pres. Ramotar departs to attend Nelson Madela’s funeral
- Guyana expo in Barbados
- Nelson Mandela: A Light in the Darkness
- Mandela – documentary, interviews and speeches -8 videos
- Andre Rieu – I Will Follow Him – music video
- Dmitri Allicock on Addicted to Life – by Ian McDonald
- Rosaliene Bacchus on The Caribbean: Standing by Mandela – by Sir Ron Sanders
- Rosaliene Bacchus on “SEE MORE POETRY”: readings of poems by Arthur James Seymour – Georgetown Jan 12, 2014
- Rosaliene Bacchus on Addicted to Life – by Ian McDonald
- de castro on Addicted to Life – by Ian McDonald
- de castro on The Caribbean: Standing by Mandela – by Sir Ron Sanders
- francis jackson on Pres. Ramotar departs to attend Nelson Madela’s funeral
- Cliff Thomas on Christmas Is Coming by Dmitri Allicock
- Langu P Moyand on Pres. Ramotar departs to attend Nelson Madela’s funeral
- guyaneseonline on NY Tutorial Support Group – 12th Night Dinner Dance – Jan 10, 2014
- Aubrey Thompson on NY Tutorial Support Group – 12th Night Dinner Dance – Jan 10, 2014
- Ron Persaud on Some of the Botanical Wonders of Guyana – By Dmitri Allicock
- Cliff Thomas on Some inspirational quotations from Nelson Mandela
- Esther Turner on Some of the Botanical Wonders of Guyana – By Dmitri Allicock
- Dmitri Allicock on Shell Beach of Guyana – by Dmitri Allicock
Category Archives: Personalities
December 1, 2013 · By Ian McDonald
I find it hard to accept that old age has come upon me. Life still is sweet and might go on forever so far as I am concerned since there is so much more to experience and discover and enjoy. The fact is that I am addicted to life and its multitudinous attractions and have no particular wish to go into rehab to cure myself of this addiction.
Who would not want this journey lit by wonders and surprises to go on and on if only to see what new marvels wait beyond the next turn in the road and the next? Read More
By Sir Ron Sanders
In memorialising Mandela, Caribbean people can proudly say that they stood with him in the time of the great struggle against apartheid – and he showed his appreciation says Sir Ronald Sanders.
A single word appears on the stone marking his burial place. It is “Mandela”; and it is enough
Since December 5, that fateful day when Nelson Mandela left the world bereft of a leader the like of whom mankind had seldom experienced, much has been written and spoken in deserving tribute to him. But, it should not be forgotten that he was once called a “terrorist”; and apartheid – the system of institutionalised racism against which he fought, losing 27 years of his freedom – was justified by many governments for whom the Cold War alliance with the racist regime that controlled the country was more important than the rights of non-white South Africans.
The purpose of this commentary is to recall the role played by Caribbean people in freeing Mandela and ending apartheid. Read More »
Obama’s Complete Nelson Mandela Memorial Speech
Dec 10, 2013 - President Barack Obama’s full speech at memorial service today for Nelson Mandela.
His Day is Done – A Tribute Poem for Nelson Mandela by Dr. Maya Angelou
Published on Dec 6, 2013 -Video message delivered by Dr. Maya Angelou on behalf of the American people in memory of Nelson Mandela. This video was produced by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of International Information Programs in December 2013.
To view this video with captions in Afrikaans, Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, French, Hausa, Portuguese, Russian, Sesotho, Setswana, Spanish, Swahili, Wolof, Xhosa, or Zulu, please visit http://goo.gl/h6OeJC
Protest will continue until government listens – say public servants
Protest action against the proposed five percent increase for public servants intensified yesterday. The numbers tripled from last week.
“Dear Mr. President de 5% ent even reach de $5000 note”
Yesterday, protestors were joined by Opposition Leader David Granger, AFC’s Khemraj Ramjattan and GPSU President, Patrick Yarde.
Scores of protesters lined the parapets outside Office of the President both on South and Vlissengen Roads.
A Partnership for National Unity (APNU)’s David Granger is calling on the Ministry to explain why the money that was passed since April will only be paid in December.
“All you are being confronted with are lies and more lies. According to Granger, Government had commenced the process by saying that because of the budget cut, it couldn’t pay more. Read More »
Judge’s ruling could force police to review ‘stop and search’ practice
DECEMBER 10, 2013 | BY KNEWS |
Police ranks during one of their many stop and searches.
This was revealed to Kaieteur News by a senior police officer who was reacting to the October 31 ruling by Justice William Ramlal, which was highlighted in an article in the Sunday edition of this newspaper. Read More »
DECEMBER 7, 2013 – BY GINA
President departs Guyana- to attend funeral of late Nelson Mandela
Head of State Donald Ramotar today departed Guyana for South Africa to attend the funeral of the late Former President of that country Nelson Mandela, but not before signing the Book of Condolence.
The gathering at State House observes a minute of silence for the late Former South African President Nelson Mandela Read More »
Andre Rieu – I Will Follow Him
Under The Stars – Live In Maastricht V - Glorious Music - THE REAL “SISTER ACT”BELLO BELLO”
Click here for FULL SCREEN VIEW
|Barbados is not just for rich British tourists, says minister|
|Published on December 3, 2013 - Caribbean News Now||
Minister of Tourism and International Transport, Richard Sealy has the attention of High Commissioner of the United Kingdom to Barbados, Victoria Dean during Monday’s courtesy call. (C. Pitt/BGIS)
By Shamkoe Pilé
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (BGIS) — Barbados minister of tourism and international transport, Richard Sealy, has stressed that the Airline Passenger Duty (APD) imposed on persons travelling from Britain to the Caribbean is a major hindrance, forcing potential visitors to choose non-regional destinations.
He made this assertion during a courtesy call on Monday from High Commissioner of the United Kingdom to Barbados, Victoria Dean, at his ministry’s headquarters. Read More »
National Drama Festival 2013 winners receive awards:
Minister of Culture, Youth and Sport, Dr. Frank Anthony presenting the award for Best Production in the Debutant category to the cast of ‘Mara’s Faith’ (GINA photo)
National Drama Festival 2013 winners receive awards:
The cast of ‘Watch de Ride’ receiving the award for Best Production from Minister of Culture, Youth and Sport, Dr. Frank Anthony (GINA photo)