Georgetown Guyana: Historic Robbstown
This area was first leased by Joseph Bourda in 1792 who subsequently rented this portion of Georgetown to John Robb who arranged the building lots and landscape. Hence it derives its name from the man who designed the area.
In 1864, the entire area was destroyed by a fire. Under the guidance of Mayor Edward John Barr the area was rearranged and streets were widened, giving this ward of the city of Georgetown its present urban layout. Read More