POEM FOR OUR FIRST LADY: MICHELLE OBAMA
By Leonard Dabydeen
As Our First Lady: Michelle Obama
- She has rhythm in her prance
- Her color rich without askance
- Nothing in her stride to hide
- As our First Lady surfing the tide.
- Brisk is her walk to a podium
- She delivers her messages without idiom
- Her hands move with her expression
- As our First Lady holds no obsession.
- You cannot attempt to grab her thoughts
- So much to admire the way she walks
- She strives for family, women’s rights
- As our First Lady turns on the lights.