CANADIAN CITIES TAKE TOP NORTH AMERICAN SPOTS IN MERCER’S 19TH QUALITY OF LIVING RANKING
- March 14, 2017 – MERCER SURVEY
- Canada, Toronto
- Infrastructure is pivotal in determining quality of living for expats and cities
- Vienna ranks highest for quality of living for the 8th year in a row
- Singapore ranks first for city infrastructure
- Canada’s highest ranked city, Vancouver, ranks 5th for quality of living, 9th for infrastructure
Despite increased political and financial volatility in Europe, many of its cities offer the world’s highest quality of living and remain attractive destinations for expanding business operations and sending expatriates on assignment, according to Mercer’s 19th annual Quality of Living survey. Canadian cities continue to dominate the North American rankings, with Vancouver, for the seventh year in a row, once again landing a spot in the top 10 globally.